915

Share your idea

whitegold says:
4 July 2021

Fee-FRAUD – “We handle your Application” scams.

Fake “We do your Application” websites eg DVLA licence renewal, Passport checking, and one of the worst – Marriage allowance check, all feature prominently in search results. Name and Shame PLEASE
8 July 2021

Home insurance no claims discount – an injustice?

For the first time in ~20 yrs I am considering home insurance. Unlike first time owners, I have self-insured for the last 20 years. How can I get recognition for this as 20 claim-free/loss-free years?
Bryan Price says:
8 July 2021

Diesel claims – the new ambulance-chasing…?

After seeing TV adverts: I started to register for a no win, no fee diesel claim: but got baffled by contractual small print that seemed to make me liable and wanted an insurance fee. Is this correct?
12 July 2021

Beware of vehicle online services offering driving licence renewal

This company is at the top of the search engine and will extract £94 for renewing your driving licence (price £14) No ability to cancel or contact them. Do not use and find proper DVLA site
12 July 2021

Kitchen fronts discoloured due to poor glue used in manufacture

Your survey of the best fitted kitchens mentions the durability of kitchens. I bought an expensive kitchen 10 years ago which has not “lasted” as the glue has failed. How long should a kitchen last?
Stephanie Day says:
13 July 2021

Besten Shop Online

We bought a cooker from this online company. But we’re getting worried it is a scam. It looked credible but now we’re suspicious. Checked Trustpilot and it has contradictory views. Have you any info?
nsa1001 says:
15 July 2021

Holding Private Covid Testers to Account

Post-travel Covid tests are mandatory. But private covid testers are poor. And there is increasing anecdotal evidence that they are selling their database of phone numbers to spammers. What to do?
23 July 2021

NHS Test and Trace callers do not identify themselves

My wife and I returned to the UK a couple of days ago. Experience from 4 telephone calls from NHS Test and Trace is nobody identifies themselves. How to trust they are not scammers?
28 July 2021

’Smart’ bathroom scales: Do they work as adverised

I suspected the Body fat % is directly linked with my weight. I tested it my not standing on the sensors, then with shoes on! Does this apply to other makes?
triley says:
28 July 2021

Ex-Tonik Energy Customers being chased by Credit Style debt agency

Despite Tonik not having a working billing platform their administrators are chasing ex-customers for arbitrary amounts regardless of whether they were actually in credit with Tonik
justhhh51 says:
28 July 2021

Compatible inks are not necessarily advantageous

Compatible inks risk damaging the printer by blocking the tubes. I have found this myself and now keep to originals. My present well used printers are about 6 years and no issues.
Isy Goodhand says:
28 July 2021

Banks will not mortgage houses with spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is costing home owners and the environment as mortgages are no longer possible on houses with this in. Why are companies still getting away with selling it?
Rael says:
29 July 2021

Show the speed limit under the roadside speed camera warning signs.

This should be made standard. I am aware that theoretically the driver should know the speed limit at all times, but it can make you wonder if you missed a speed limit sign.
rod says:
29 July 2021

Vitamin D getting the basics right

The Irish government has recognised the importance on addressing Vitamin D deficiency as a public health measure. It recommends a daily dose. The UK government should do the same.
Jonathan says:
31 July 2021

Razor Subscriptions

This month there was a piece on Beer subscriptions. I’d love to see a similar review/comparison of shaving subscriptions such as Harry’s, ShaveKit, Dollar Shave Club etc.