631

Share your idea

Willmorder says:
8 November 2018

HP cartridge ink rip off. Our Envy 5646 printer gobbles up ink so I bought a non HP tricolour cartridge from Which ? best buy supplier Refresh. Instead of the usual 400 + print output after less than 100 copies it refused to print with a message to remove and replace the cartridge. Despite doing this several times and turning off the power supply still no prints. Checking online I found comments that HP has installed firmware into some printer ranges to restrict output on non HP cartridges. Also read that HP was fined 5 million dollars in the US in a class action due to a similar issue with their own cartridges.
Logging on to the HP helpline was as useful as the chocolate teapot allusion in that I was cut off when defined the problem
How many other consumers have lost money by buying non HP products and been forced to use very expensive own brand items ?
Any other Which ? members had the same problem ?

Read more +
Paul_6931 says:
8 November 2018

It seems Neff combo-microwaves are not up to scratch

I have been concerned for some time that my Neff microwave does not deliver as much power as it should. Seems from Googling that the 1000W is only delivered for 70 secs and then the power drops back to 600W. From discussions I have seen on an Internet forum on AVforums.com many users have experienced this and those that pressed the case have had full refunds!
Read more +
Rik Evans says:
10 November 2018

CREDIT CARDS ABROAD A WARNING

We are encouraged by advertisers and travel pundits to use our bank and credit cards to access cash abroad instead of carrying cash. I have had problems being unable to draw cash. But worst was when my cards were stolen. Barclays branch 10 minutes away but refused to help. All card companies said could only send cards to my home address, 7000 mls away.
Read more +
ginger says:
21 November 2018

Most mail order catalogues come wrapped in a plastic bag. Why can’t they come in a paper envelope that can be recycled?

Read more +
Trevor Wright says:
28 November 2018

AD BLUE COSTS

ADBLUE- Diesel Cars
More and more car manufactures are using AdBlue to meet with the latest levels of emissions but what about the extra costs involved ?
First of all its not an option to ignore topping it up or refilling it because if you do whilst you will get warning it will stop.
The cost is something I write about like everything if you buy it in an emergency it will cost more particularly from petrol stations where many people think that’s the only place , well it isn’t.
Several supermarkets are now selling it and with the costs ranging from £25 plus down to £11.00 for 10 litres there really is a vast range of prices being changed.
My tip, well this stuff is a liquid solution of urea (the stuff found in urine), not flammable or dangerous and can be easily stored without any risk.
You can save a fortune (particularly if you do high mileage) by buying it from a good motor factors such as Europart, Carparts for less etc, they all usually deliver often for free and if you sign up to their offers you can bag a bargain, for example earlier this year I paid £11.98 for 10 litres of the stuff and that would normally have been around £16 from them or £20 plus from other sources.
Not bad, but it gets better in a recent online discount campaign that came down to £7.79 which is a bargain and a major saving so much, so I bought 20 litres and I store them in my garage as I will use it for sure.
TOP TIP
Buy your AdBlue from motor factors not high street supermarkets or petrol stations. Watch for deals and buy “Low” to save even more, you will need this stuff so why pay more than you have to many of us chase the cheapest fuel this advise will save you £££s.
Read more +
Dhruba Sikdar says:
28 November 2018

Water companies in UK

I don’t see any topic related to the most basic need namely water.
The water suppliers in UK needs urgent reform. I live in London and Thames Water is the only company does water supply in London. As a result there is extortionate amount charged as “fixed charge”. I’ve got my bill for the last 6 months. Wastewater costs me £39, but the “fixed charge” is £35. Is it a joke?More importantly the water distribution system is at best broken in this country. There is no fair competition unlike the energy companies. As a result the water companies recorded a windfall gain in billions.The regulatory body Ofwat is utterly incompetent and inept in their monitoring of these companies. They have been heavily criticized in the past yet they have not learned their lesson.
Is there anything citizens could do to highlight this issue to have a proper debate in the parliament?
Read more +
28 November 2018

Water companies in UK

I don’t see any topic related to the most basic need namely water.
Read more +
Murphy says:
28 November 2018

Which needs to stand up against unerversal credit, help people on this unfair BENEFIT. U have the power to intervene. Imagin having no money for 5 weeks thats all Christmases with NO money.you a which try and do that over the xmas holiday.

You at which have the knowledge to help people on Unerversal credit. Stop this happening this benifit isnt working imadgin you lot not getting any money over the xmas, thats the reality 5 weeks wait for a benifit.. try it Yourself …go on try and claim now for the xmas holidays see how far you lot Get… No money for xmas .
Read more +