674

Share your idea

Mike Which webmail user says:
3 April 2018

Extend deadline and redirection dates for Which webmail

Which.net webmail closes on 24 May. Users were given only 8 weeks notice, not the sort of treatment I expect from Which. I am not at all happy with the short deadline for closure, the short period for redirections, and the zero notice of changes to terms and conditions. I have over 700 contacts in my address books and although some of these are defunct, I reckon that I will have to send out over 200 emails changing my address. Also, there are a lot of organisations, maybe 50+, that use my email address as a login id, and another set that regularly email me with billing information and the like. Although I can automate the emails to some extent, each of these latter two categories will require individual contacts. Past experience at trying to change things like this suggests it will be a very time-consuming process – easily a full working week. I do not have a full working week of time available in the 7 weeks before the system closes.
elbmek says:
4 April 2018

Adding Water to Meat Products

when you fry your bacon etc have you noticed just how much water is released? This is injected into the meat to increase weight, to make it more costly. Surely this is fraud, so why do the authorities not do anything about it and how do we know the water is pure? I have even seen a sneaky beaky video on you tube showing workers with a water gun stab into chickens and inject them with water. The chicken swells up and you think yhou are getting a good deal!!
daniel says:
8 April 2018

Low Voc / eco paints safety

I found there are boatloads of companies that promise low VOC and eco paints…Lakeland paints even claim”so safe your baby can eat it” . What’s to these claims? Are they using other compounds like preservatives or mold inhibitors that could be bad for our health? In germany “öko test” has a thorough review of paints regarding Isothiazolinone, formaldehyde content, mold resistance etc.
Unfortunately they only cover German specific paints mostly not available here. It would be great if which could cover this topic in a similar fashion.
We want to paint our kids room, but are quite hesitant regarding the absence of any good information.
Susan Kaye says:
15 April 2018

Using in-date surplus food for UK charities – why can’t we?

I’ve seen recent stories of children suffering from food poverty in the UK and yet food manufacturers always have surplus. Can’t we get the Government to do something?

[Sorry, your comment has been edited to align with our community guidelines https://conversation.which.co.uk/commenting-guidelines/. Thanks, mods.]

John Detre says:
16 April 2018

San Pellegrino Inflation

San Pellegrino have reduced the amount of orange juice in their drinks from 20% to 16% That’s their way of reducing quality rather than increasing prices.

(I have a photo to share)

Mary Doherty says:
18 April 2018

Apple iOS11 updates and Big Fish games

I updated my iPad recently to iOS11 and now find I can’t play some older “Big Fish” games. These games were purchased with the guarantee that they were “play for life”. Very annoyed.
19 April 2018

Mobile computer batteries stopped.

Worse than Apple’s gaming iOS updates to cheapen battery provision, I have found that many makers, especially Samsung, simply stop making batteries, limiting product life to a few years.
Colin Blackman says:
27 April 2018

Implementation of GDPR

I suggest that Which? looks at the way companies are implementing GDPR. My understanding of GDPR is that it is supposed to make things easier for the customer by simplifying the Ts&Cs, because these are so complex that most people simply don’t bother to read them. Like most people, I am being bombarded with emails from companies telling me to check various things about my data as a result of GDPR. Typically, these missives say something like “Here are our new Ts&Cs, please read them and ensure you’re happy with them”. But they don’t tell you what’s changed from the previous version, and the new ones are just as complex as the old. It looks as if customers are supposed to read the new ones, compare with the old, and work out for themselves what’s changed. This is hopeless, many people simply won’t bother so that’s no improvement on the previous sorry position. These companies may be complying with the letter of GDPR, but their approach of mass-mailing unhelpful emails is not complying with the overall objective of improving clarity for the customer. The whole exercise isn’t achieving anything and is a waste of everyone’s time.
Karla Wheeler says:
27 April 2018

Did you know that D&G have a Multi-appliance plan?

For years they have sold me individually covered items, costing me on average £75 more a year & refuse to pay this back despite asking for the cheapest deal & being misinformed by them over the years.
Clare Roberts says:
27 April 2018

I am currently searching for a seat belt for a dog. Unsure what brand to buy, I thought I would give Which? a try. You have not tested or reviewed them. Will it a consideration for the future ?

Peter Lyons says:
29 April 2018

With the anti plastic wave taking over the country…

I trust Which? will be switching to paper envelopes to send future copies of their magazine rather than plastic. Then put pressure on all Govt agencies to do the same !
Francesco says:
30 April 2018

Wild salmon VS farmed salmon

A lot of concerns have been raised about farmed salmon: risk of contamination/pollution, fat, unhealthy etc. What is the truth about the farmed salmon? Is it dangerous or safe for child/pregnancy?