674

Share your idea

Kevin O'Sullivan says:
3 March 2018

Stolen Smart Phones

According to TV prog, on stealing a phone a thief immediately puts it into Airplane mode so it can’t be called or tracked. Why not make using Airplane mode require the re entry of the PIN number or fingerprint verification. Simple !
Kevin O'Sullivan says:
3 March 2018

Stolen Smart phones

First thing a thief does on stealing a phone is to engage Airplane mode so it can’t be tracked or called. Why not make the engagement of Airplane mode require re entry of the PIN or fingerprint verification ? Simple
kos1851 says:
3 March 2018

Stole Smart Phones

On stealing a phone a thief immediately puts it into airplane mode so it can’t be called or traced. Why not make the engagement of airplane mode require re entry of the PIN or fingerprint verification ? Simple.
Linda Nicholls says:
6 March 2018

Vet Fees particularly medications

There has been a lot of publicity lately advocating the owning of a pet, particularly dogs, to combat loneliness, take exercise etc. Vet bills are extremely high – my vet is £33 per consultation. Some years ago there was some sort of legislation ordering vets to provide “private” prescriptions to enable clients to shop around for medication for their pets. Vets are permitted to charge a fee for the prescription and I currently pay £10 per prescription but my vet only gives two months worth of medication per prescription. He does not want to see the pet every two months but charges £10 regardless. I have been able to halve the cost of one medication for my dog despite the £10 fee by buying on-line. I understand that vets have to cover costs etc but I think charging double the cost of medication especially if the pet is to be on it for life and it is expensive is indefensible. The latest medication my dog has been prescribed would cost £1.50 per day from the vet. As it is a human opioid drug I am having great difficulty in getting pricing details on-line. Insurance premiums for older dogs make this option untenable. Many people do not know about the possibilities of buying medication other than from the vet and vets do not publicise this fact. But my basic moan is the cost charged by vets for medication.
Checkmark of approval

This idea was chosen on Thu April 2018

Duncan Carr says:
8 March 2018

Water treatment in the house

Using the usual tools to search reviews and recommendations to purify or soften domestic water – I have not been rewarded with any results other than an index of ramdom suppliers-need help….
8 March 2018

Hi Duncan, unfortunately we haven’t looked into water purifiers just yet, but it definitely seems like something we could test in the future. I’ll pass your suggestion on to the researchers to make them aware. Thank you

l0werd3ne says:
8 March 2018

Home water treatments

When will WHICH provide reviews on WATER SOFTENERS and WATER PURIFIERS?
I believe these have been marketed for at least 20 years, yet no mention of them by WHICH! WHY?
JonN says:
12 March 2018

Telecom companies to terminate contracts of scam callers

By logging nuisance / scam telephone numbers on websites such as “who called me” network providers should be obliged to terminate all telecom services associated with serial offenders so identified.
Dhivyan says:
15 March 2018

Cars: hire vs value. Hertz example

Hire a Fiat Panda for 2 days = Euros 57.
Hire a Porsche Boxter for 2 days = Euros 1440.
Cost of Fiat new = Euros9500
Cost of Posche new = Euros49000
Cost Ratio = 5x
Hire Ration = 25x. Extortion much?
16 March 2018

MyPCBackUp / Safety of Cloud Data

I have used ‘MyPCBackUp’ for 3 years.
When I logged in yesterday I could not see my data but I could see ALL of the files from a PC belonging to a senior manager in the US. Is the cloud safe?
Antony Dearsley says:
17 March 2018

Life Time Pet Insurance

Complaint against RSA March 2018
Dear Sir/Madam,
I understand that WHICH rates More Than pet insurance highly, however you only know how good lifetime cover for you pet is when you actually come to need it, by that time it is imposable to change to another insurance company on renewal as all existing medical conditions are excluded.
More Than have trebled my premium to £7500 in one year to basically make me go away!
As you may be aware More Than pet insurance is underwritten by RSA which has substantially increased it’s profits this year and increased it’s share holders dividends.
RSA have introduced new referral restrictions and no longer pay for probiotics or non prescription items supposedly to keep pet insurance affordable?
I have now referred my complaint to the FOS
Keith Meader says:
17 March 2018

Items not available in store – compulsory delivery charge
I recently looked at purchasing a compact dishwasher. The lowest price on the Which site was £175. Cheapest actual cost was £195

Sandra says:
17 March 2018

I’m annoyed savlon liquid has been taken off the shelf

Elva Brazier says:
21 March 2018

Holiday Home Owners Consumer Rip Off

Thousands of thousands have suffered at the hands of the poorly regulated Holiday Home Industry. We need strict regulations to protect consumers from the unethical selling practices, unfair contract terms, corporate abuse, discrimination, misrepresentation etc.
WE WANT what is fair!!!
Theresa Warren says:
21 March 2018

Why is Which Local closing on 23 March?

I am new to Which Conversation, I have had a search to see if this topic has been discussed here but I have not seen anything so far.
I am writing about the proposed closure of Which Local a site that has been an invaluable site for the members who have been using it. Because it has not had much publicity from Which in the magazines in the past few years many members may not even have been aware of. It is a site where members can give their own recommendations for tradespeople – gardeners, dentists, electricians, plumbers, hairdressers etc all small local people we need to help with running a house and finding good local services. I happened to find out by chance two days ago that it is being closed by Which. We members as far as I know were not consulted about this, nothing was said about it in the magazine unless I missed it. Was the closure discussed at the AGM and voted on? I much prefer Which Local to the Which Trusted Traders site which is paid for subscription service for larger service companies whom I prefer not to use, partly because of cost, partly because I value other members recommendations more.
Will you join with me in asking Which to reconsider its decision about the closure?
22 March 2018

Hi Theresa, Which? Local has been a great asset to both Which? and consumers but recently we felt that we could do something even better – with Which? Trusted Traders. As well as consumer recommendations, traders on this site have been assessed and endorsed by Which?, and reassessed every year, so you can have even greater confidence in choosing a trader. We want to use your subscription as efficiently as possible and feel it is no longer viable to run two such similar services. Trusted Traders has the facility to review companies and we welcome consumer feedback. Which? Conversation is also a great community for consumers to discuss any issues they’re having and speak to like-minded people. I would love to encourage you to take part in the community and see how you can still get great advice, even in the absence of Which? Local

Martin Green says:
22 March 2018

Compenstaion for costs incurred due to a flight being diverted

A recent flight from Iceland was diverted to Gatwick due to the closure of Bristol Airport and a taxi fare of £190 was incurred to get home.

Can this be reclaimed at all and if so, how? Any similar experiences or advice please?

Francis Skeffington says:
25 March 2018

SDS+ corded hammer drills

I am surprised that the Which? review of drills includes only cordless ones, and ignores SDS+ hammer drills. I am impressed by the reported performance of the top Best Buy combi drill in drilling concrete, but somewhat incredulous, as I have always found an SDS+ hammer drill to be far superior to the two-disks-grind-together type of hammer action, with which I am now struggling having taken a whole morning to drill two 25mm deep 5.5mm holes with a new masonry bit into a concrete lintel to fit a window blind. Even (especially!) home DIYists occasionally need a decent tool to do a job that’s a bit more than fitting a shelf to a breeze-block wall, or has the cordless combi drill market moved on that far beyond my capacity to believe?
Richard Reed says:
27 March 2018

Samsung tablet planned obsolescence

My brilliant tablet is finally losing battery function after 4 years. For 4 months I have tried to get a proper replacement by phoning Samsung, writing Samung by post, getting cheated in the grey-market, but to no avail. Worse than Apple sneaking in slower updates and batteries, I have found, and they will not admit, that Samsung makes no tablet replacement batteries at all! Samsung’s own recommended spares suppliers all confirm my tablet is for the bin. I think buyers should know Samsung great engineering has this unacceptable cost.
ROYSTON SEALEY says:
29 March 2018

Do we need holiday travel insurance for Europe if we already have an EHICard?

ivan erlick says:
30 March 2018

retail prices of bottled water and food generally at airport shops after the security checks

I am continually horrified that shops in airports can charge two to three pounds for a bottle of drinking water which costs around 50p in a supermarket
This happens after you have had to bin bottles of liquid to get through security and then they ‘have you’!!!
Marjorie says:
30 March 2018

Some online banking security is abysmal

I use several different online banking accounts, and in some cases, I have concerns about the methods they use to authenticate users and verify requests for significant actions like setting up new payees. But each bank does things differently, and it’s not until you are signed up and committed that you can see any obvious flaws. I’m no security expert, so if I see flaws that could be exploited, there are probably more subtle ones too.

For example, I can see from the login process for one bank that they are storing user passwords in unencrypted form. Another allows you (or someone malicious) to change your email address without notifying you that it has been changed, a third waits several hours to tell you that you have set up a new online payee, by which time a fraudster could have wiped your account. Another just requires a single password for login, without any additional authentication. All these leave my details, and more importantly, my money, open to fraudsters.

Could Which include the security aspects of online bank accounts in their reviews, please?

31 March 2018

Price of bottled water etc in airport shops after security

The price of bottled water in airport shops is scandalous and can be 300% larger than in landside shops why?
I believe that retailers are taking advantage of passengers who have cleared security when all liquids larger than 100ml has to be dumped. How much more can manufacture and delivery costs be air-side? Even with added security this cannot justify a 300% hike in prices
I am sure this is true of other products but water is an essential and I’ve never seen a water fountain anywhere air-side
6 April 2018