630

Share your idea

Tim says:
1 December 2016

The sell on charge made by retirement home companies

The charge that the retirement companies make after you have bought a property from them appears to be unregulated. I have seen 5% of the sale value after 3 years with the figure moving to 10% afterwards. On a 500,00 house/apartment this is a considerable amount of money for very little input. Why should they be able to charge so much? It appears to be unregulated and profiteering at the expense of pensioners.
MarcieCB says:
2 December 2016

B12 deficiency being ignored as a chronic diseaseT

There are thousands and thousands throughout the country who suffer from this illness. Our GP’s know little about it at all, getting the correct treatment is a nightmare. I am self injecting 3 times a week at home as my GP’s Nurses do not have enough time to spare 3 appointments a week. Varying degrees from the basic feeling ill and worse between injections to (as in my case) dementia like symptoms, can affect your legs & feet so a number end up in wheelchairs. Not recognised as what it is, many are misdiagnosed. Thousands of people out there are not even diagnosed, leading to depression, falls, wooly headed, sleeping enough to miss whole days and becoming a recluse as you never know how you are going to be on a certain day, people give up on you, don’t believe you. The Government must alter guidelines which are out of date, take note of how serious this is and the many thousands of adults & children suffering badly. Pernicious Anaemia/B12 Deficiency is a frightening and horrible illness, it does not get better, just bearable, it is for life. We need more clout behind us to get someone in the Government to take notice and do something, for Neurologists even to recognise this. In my case the reply to my GP for an appointment came back as not really interested, if you really do insist I will see her! I thought Neurology was my last hope before the dementia type symptoms take hold and my brain becomes permanently damaged as has happened to others. The numbers even in our Surgery are growing fast (as told by a Nurse) this is a crisis situation which must be helped before things go so far that for many, many sufferers it is too late and they are in a wheelchair, damaged brain by dementia, as with Diabetes feet & legs affected. If you say “I have Diabetes” people recognise the term and sympathise, if I say I have B12 deficiency and slept all day yesterday missing my appointments, you are not believed. This is a cry for help by just one of the Pernicious Anaemia Society of nearly 9,000 members, and the thousands of others quietly hiding and suffering in silence as we have no voice. When we try to have a voice no one listens, no one cares. Help from Which members to push forward in any way would be so very much appreciated. I simply cannot go on as I am. Thank you, MarcieCB
5 January 2017

Hello MarcieCB, I’m sorry to hear this. We do look at issues that affect consumers with certain conditions from a consumer led angle – so we’d be keen to hear more about any ideas that you would like to write about along these lines. Writing specifically about the condition is not necessarily Which?’s domain, but we do wish you all the best with your campaign and would be happy to chat more about any other ideas you have either here on Which? conversation or by emailing us at conversation.comments@which.co.uk

Jon Hartshorn says:
3 December 2016

Supermarkets should be obliged to stock smaller prepacked vegetables and fruit

I find it more and more difficult to find food pack sizes that suits my requirements. My wife and I don’t need a 2kg pack of peas or a pack of 8 oranges which we are sometimes compelled to buy from the smaller outlets.Is this a deliberate strategy to take advantage of ‘local’ shoppers?
Checkmark of approval

This idea was chosen on Fri January 2017

18 January 2017

Hi Jon

Thank you for sharing your idea, we really liked it and decided to pick up on the issue in our recent convo on the rise of food waste. You can find it here: https://conversation.which.co.uk/food-drink/food-waste-on-rise/#

Thanks

Ghee Alexander says:
3 December 2016

Two years ago I purchased my first Lithium rechargeable tool. Several times the instructions stressed keeping the battery on charge when the tool was not in use. Power surges have meant a blown charger on two occasions. The authorised repairer/re-supplier of chargers now tell me I shouldn’t be keeping it on charge 24/7. This will re-occur as there is no fuse as with an ordinary plug. What to do?

7 December 2016

Rail refunds

All members should be aware that EVERY TOC has a department assessing and claiming back money for delays to their services. There is, therefore, no reason why any TOC can claim no knowledge of any delay to their own services and the reasons behind the delay when compensation is requested.
Chris B73 says:
9 December 2016

How Often Should I Replace My Running Shoes?

I see figures going around the Internet of “probably every 300-500 miles”. I’ve seen those figures in places that are pretty evidence-based (such as here: http://greatist.com/fitness/how-often-should-i-replace-my-running-shoes ).

As far as I can tell, these figures have come from the manufacturers’ tests: I was wondering whether Which? or any other independent body has verified them? It’s a good idea to go running in shoes that are in good condition and so are comfortable and reduce the risk of injury are of course a good idea. But running shoes are also expensive, and a 300-500 mile lifespan would mean that a lot of leisure runners ‘should’ be replacing them twice a year or more.

neilk says:
9 December 2016

Flubit

Flubit is a site that offers better prices than Amazon and some other retailers. You paste in a link, they make an offer and you pay them the money. They then use a “merchant” to fill the order. That “merchant ” may then use Amazon to send out the order. When things go wrong Flubit say that the contract is between me and the “merchant”, but the “merchant” says I must sort things out with Flubit.
Adrian Murphy says:
12 December 2016

Vodafone charge rates for dialling UK to EU ( Ireland)

With all the EU legislation for tackling greedy network companies on roaming, I can’t believe I made a 20 minute call to Ireland and was charged £30, £1.50 a minute.
We should legislate against rip off charges. With the EU rules I started using my phone while in the EU, but didn’t know it was now more dangerous to use your phone in the UK.
Craig Hammond says:
14 December 2016

Campaign to enable fair purchase of tickets ahead of ticket agencies at inflated prices

Hi

I go to an number of live sporting and music events and unfortunately every time i try and apply for tickets when they go on sale i am never able to purchase a ticket and they sell out in minutes. However within minutes after the event is sold out they are thousands of tickets available on secondary websites such as viagogo etc.

Now the annoying thing is that they are then 2 or 3 times the price for the same tickets that have just sold out.

This feels like a cartel and just a ploy to extract more value out of consumers and i feel that Which would be ideal placed to tackle this as it is not just sporting events but across all events and i know my frsutration is shared by everyone i know.

Would this be possible or do Which have a campaign going at he moment to address this ticket scam.

Regards

Craig

15 December 2016

An interesting area that could save women en masse millions per year in cash. And potentially healthier.

RALFE says:
16 December 2016

Auto Renewal – Definitely Not!

Many companies retain my card details then auto-renew the following year. Many of these auto-renewals have increased by anywhere between 10 to 20% on last years cost. How many people actually make the comparison and how many just allow it to roll on and on?
My proposal is for companies to not automatically enrol people into this fraudulent scam without asking permission first. The default should be ‘opted out’ rather than this hidden, un-asked, automatic theft. People should receive a new quote, with last years payment made clear for comparison, before being asked if payment can be taken. What a mass scam this has become!
Karen Anne Jones says:
16 December 2016

Online banking logos

I was victim to a scam that cost me my life’s savings last Christmas however I think we should work on how we can cover our online banking logos under the guise of a different app or to completely hide them under a one time only code putting a secure drop down window over them.
Dave Thurston says:
21 December 2016

Liquidators Charges

I run a small business and have had a number of customers go into liquidation this year. What concerns me is the exorbitant fees the liquidators get at the expense of the businesses who are owed money and end up with nothing
Colin Callow says:
23 December 2016

Why hasn’t Which investigated PayPal

I’ve just spent 8 weeks trying to get a refund back from a retailer that Paypal has held in pending for no reason except for a “technical glitch”. Eventually got my money back today after 5 complaints where repeated promises to resolve the matter were broken. Judging by shocking reviews on both Trustpilot and Review Centre this is common practice and worse they don’t care . Can’t understand why Which hasn’t investigated this company …..
27 December 2016

Credit Report missleads with information when it comes to Business application

I recently applied for a Business Credit Card and noticed that although the application will leave a mark on your personal Credit history, which will affect you negatively. As the lenders will look at how many credit applications you have done in the last 6 months. However, once approved the actual Credit Card with its credit limit won’t show up on your personal report and therefore you won’t benefit from the positive part of the application which is a higher “available credit”.
I would suggest that either you totally separate Business from Personal or you totally merge them.