631

Share your idea

2 May 2016

Eatwell Plate – still behind the times?

Couple of points from May 2016 issue.
Eatwell Guide – sugar and fat reduced. Low fat yoghurt taste tested – label shows Amber for sugar.
Latest thinking – fat good, sugar/carbs bad.
Which investigate?
Phil Clarke says:
6 May 2016

Cash refunds

When I purchase something the money has to be paid at the time of the transaction. I accept that, but when goods have to be returned etc., I’m furious that I have to wait 28 days for refund. Grrr!
Checkmark of approval

This idea was chosen on Mon June 2016

27 June 2016

Thank you for sharing your idea Phil, we agreed that this would make for an interesting debate too.

We invited Phil to tell us more about his idea and write a convo for us here on Which? Conversation. Phil’s convo can be read here: https://conversation.which.co.uk/shopping/why-do-we-have-to-wait-so-long-for-refunds/

6 May 2016

Tyre garages

When I got my tyres replaced, the garage checked the tracking free of charge. They said front and rear needed adjustment and charged me £70. How can I be sure they didn’t make it up?
10 May 2016

Freezing egg noodles

Waitrose egg noodles are freezable according to the packet. Other supermarkets say their egg noodles are not freezable. Does anyone have any insight on this apparent anomoly?
11 May 2016

What should Which? test next?

It would be good for us to have the opportunity to suggest ideas for products we would like tested.

Users’ experience could inform the test lab about useful features and common design problems.

Beryl says:
11 May 2016

I would like Which? to look into the current housing market and some of the duplicitous and unscrupulous selling practices of developers and Estate Agents in England and Wales.

Bayliffe says:
11 May 2016

Carers Charter

Mandy’s Law.
Please help me create a petition to force the Government to create to ammend the law so Carers can receive Carers Allowance even when they currently receive a State Pension.
13 May 2016

Samsung Warranty.

Samsung are trying to charge £92 for a fault that is caused by a design issue. This has occurred twice before and stupidly got another one. 5 hours, 8 people, 3 tel no. and I got nowhere. Unacceptable
15 May 2016

Moving House and Building Regulations Indemnities

Demands by solicitor’s acting for mortgage lenders for indemnity insurances relating to potential non-compliances with building regulations look to be a new and expensive scam. Any views?
John Thurgood says:
21 May 2016

Hearing Aids

Why are small hearing aids so costly?
A small, in the ear device, to improve my hearing, would cost £3000 -£4000. A top end Apple computer costs less than £2000. Are older people being ripped off?
22 May 2016

battery life on smartphone

totally agree with you, these smartphones are suppose to organise life, remind me this, plan my diary, my next meal, stream live video on your daliy travel to and from work, carry less items in you bags, bacislly one smart phone does it all, WRONG!,,,, would be perfect if the battery last more than 8hours, it’s not even long enough for a working day, so it gets to mid afternoon and battery getting low, so you have to do the app shut down save battery mode, which is a complete head arce in it self, this aloan complicates your diary and reminders, which apps do you turn off, don’t miss that Important message, the boring travel home, nothing to do other stare out of the public transport window,

Yes there are battery boost packs to keep your phone topped up with jucie, but this is another item to be carried around, nowt to mention, charging that up as well,

just inconvenience

all the technology the world has created, we can run a car of battery’s and sunlight, even H2o,

but a battery for a smart phone to last at least a working day,

come on smart phone tech guys, you get payed a lot of money, do somthing thar will actually benifit smartphone users, (probably 80% of the world)

Anna says:
25 May 2016

Consent for Voice Recognition activated banking- First Direct

At the end of a call First Direct informed me that I had been automatically enrolled for voice recognition banking. I had not given consent for them to record me for this purpose. Is this legal?
AJ says:
27 May 2016

Switching Music Streaming Provider

Industry standard to allow consumers to move their music library from one music streaming service to another. A universally readable export file that can be downloaded from one & uploaded to another