Do you want to discuss an issue that’s bothering you but can’t find the right place to post it? Or maybe you’re looking for somewhere to chat with your community pals. Well, you’ve come to the right place…
Since Which? Conversation launched six years ago, there have been almost 4,500 conversations on all sorts of consumer issues – from money to megabytes. And in those conversations, there have been close to 180,000 comments.
Of course, the real strength of Which? Convo lies in its members who contribute so much to every discussion. And one of the better aspects has been watching how this community has slowly but surely grown into such a caring one.
But, as with any community or conversation it can – and does – wander off-topic. This is perfectly natural, but it hasn’t always been possible to do so in some of the subjects we discuss due to the precisely defined nature of them.
So, at the behest of some of our community members, we’re creating a brand-new convo: The Lobby.
This will give you the space to discuss anything that takes your fancy providing, of course, that your comments remain within our community guidelines.
The Lobby will be available in exactly the same way as all the other conversations, and some of our regular community members will help with the moderation duties.
As always, any ideas spawned here in The Lobby could also be used to generate new topics for debate and discussion, so you – our community members – will be able to really help shape the direction of Which? Convo.
Rules in The Lobby
There are no rules… only kidding 😉
To ensure that this off-topic discussion remains a healthy and friendly place for you all to share your thoughts, musings and ideas, here’s a reminder of our most relevant guidelines:
- 1. You may go off-topic… that is the purpose of The Lobby 🙂
- 2. You can’t agree with everyone all of the time, but when you do disagree, please be polite and speak to others as you’d like to be spoken to.
- 3. Avoid ‘trolling’, or purposely provoking others into a desired emotional response. It’s just mean 😐
- 4. Avoid making comments that others might find offensive, threatening, abusive or defamatory.
- 5. Website feedback is best shared on this dedicated Conversation, so we can keep The Lobby to be about everything else.
- 6. If you’re a Which? member and you’re looking for somewhere to discuss issues related to our organisation, including governance, then please head over to which.co.uk/haveyoursay.
So without further ado… welcome to The Lobby. What are you waiting for!?
With special thanks to Which? Conversation community member, Ian, who kindly wrote the bulk of this conversation and provided the excellent name of The Lobby.