Now that we’ve been up and running for almost four months, we thought it was about time to launch our first competition. If you’re craving an ebook reader look no further for a chance to win a 3G Amazon Kindle.
Our first few months here at Which? Conversation have been jam-packed with an impressive 3,000 of your comments posted on over 300 Conversations.
But your comments on Which? Convo don’t just fall on deaf ears. You’ll not only find replies from our Which? experts, we’re actively listening and taking action.
These are just some ways that your comments are really making a difference. However, there are other ways to interact with Which? Conversation. You can subscribe to our RSS Feed or follow us on Twitter @WhichConvo.
Which brings us to our first competition. We’re giving away a 3G Amazon Kindle – an electronic book reader worth £149! With free 3G wireless internet, enabling you to download thousands of ebooks on-the-go, the Kindle sports a high-contrast e-ink display that makes reading easy wherever you are, even in bright sunlight.
So without further ado, here’s how to enter our very first competition to win a graphite 3G Amazon Kindle. All you have to do is log-in to your Twitter account, follow @WhichConvo and tweet the following:
Competition: Want to win an Amazon Kindle? Just RT and follow @WhichConvo to enter! T&Cs here http://bit.ly/bxufxx #ConvoComp
The competition will close at midnight on Monday 8 November and we’ll choose the lucky winner soon after. If you’re not on Twitter you can easily sign-up for an account here and to learn the basics of the social networking site read our Twitter guide.
If you still need convincing that you want an Amazon Kindle, our technology editor Matt Bath argues for the ebook cause here. Otherwise follow @WhichConvo and tweet the text above to enter. Good luck!
[UPDATE Tuesday 9 November] – Thanks to everyone who entered our first competition on Which? Conversation. The competition is now closed and we will announce the winner, picked at random, on this very page on Wednesday 10 November! Good luck!
[UPDATE Wednesday 10 November] – And the winner of our first Which? Conversation competition for the graphite 3G Amazon Kindle is… Louise Higgins from Belfast in Northern Ireland or @missyhiggy on Twitter! We’ll be in touch with you later today. A big thank you to everyone else for entering, we hope you enjoy the debates here on Which? Convo and even feel compelled to add your own comments.
Which? Conversation Amazon Kindle Competition Terms and Conditions
1. To be eligible to enter the draw, you must have a Twitter account.
2. The prize draw is open to anyone who follows @WhichConvo on Twitter and re-tweets the following on www.twitter.com/ by midnight on Monday 8 November 2010: Competition: Want to win an Amazon Kindle? Just RT and follow @WhichConvo to enter! T&Cs here http://bit.ly/bxufxx #ConvoComp
3. Employees of Which? Ltd and anyone living in the employee’s household are not eligible to enter.
4. Entry limited to one per person.
5. One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received by the closing date. The winner will be contacted within seven days of the closing date by direct message on Twitter at the account used to re-tweet the promotion’s tweet. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days. Failure to claim by this deadline may result in the prize being forfeited.
6. The prize is an Amazon Kindle. No cash alternative is available. Which? reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value at its absolute discretion.
7. The winner will be announced on www.twitter.com/WhichConvo
8. Which? reserves the right to terminate the offer, extend the promotion period or to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
9. If the prize is declined or if the winner forfeits the prize under these terms and conditions, then Which? may at its absolute discretion draw an alternative winner.
10. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Which? takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
11. The decision of Which? is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. By re-tweeting the promotional tweet and entering the prize draw, you will be deemed to have understood these rules and agree to be bound by them.
13. Which? reserves the right to feature names, photographs and towns of winners in future promotions.
14. The promoter of the prize draws is Which? Limited, a company registered in England & Wales (company number 00677665) whose registered office is at 2 Marylebone Road, London NW1 4DF.