/ Technology

Three Mobile price rises – what Three’s customers are saying

After over 550 comments, mainly from disappointed customers, our Conversation on Three Mobile’s price rise has been popular for all the wrong reasons. So what have you been saying about it?

If you haven’t been following, Three customers who signed up before 8 March 2012 will have to stomach a 3.6% price rise (in line with RPI inflation in March) from 16 July without the right to cancel. On a £25 monthly plan that’s around £11 more per year.

Three’s been contacting its customers by text, email or letter, and everyone should be aware of it by now. But people aren’t happy – and why should they be? They thought the price they signed up to was fixed, and although the increase might not be significant; it’s the principle of the thing.

Orange, T-Mobile… and now Three

It’s a problem that seems endemic among mobile companies, with Orange and T-Mobile doing the same. The simple fact is that their customers interpret a fixed contract as not only being for a fixed period, but as being at a fixed price for the length of the contract. Neil comments:

‘What’s annoying is I thought I agreed to a 24 month contract for a given price in exchange for given services. When (or if) I upgrade then I will decide to pay a different price or not. To have this change forced on me/us without any get out clause is very frustrating. We purchase goods/services for agreed period of times at agreed prices.’

Commenter Paul adds:

‘In an industry that relies so heavily on customer loyalty this smacks of betrayal and a bad business decision that will haunt Three for some time.’

Chris feels the same way and won’t be staying with Three when his contract is up:

‘As a previously loyal customer to Orange I am disgusted that Three have chosen to go down this route. I accept that on a two year contract I would expect to be paying slightly more than the best price plan twelve months later, but that is my choice, not theirs… not happy. Will not be renewing my contract!’

And that’s what most commenters are saying – they will vote with their feet and move on from Three when their contract is up. To paraphrase commenter C.A.: ‘Three rely on thee’.

Three: ‘A decision we have not taken lightly’

But what if the mobile provider you move on to puts its prices up in exactly the same way? At Which? we don’t think it’s fair to increase prices during a fixed contract without offering the option to cancel (without penalty).

We took this view to Three, but sadly it’s not budging:

‘Despite costs increasing in a number of areas within our business, we have not passed on an RPI level rise to our contract handset customers in the nine years we have been in operation. Increasing our prices for existing customers is a decision we have not taken lightly. We know that increases are never welcome and we have tried to do this in the fairest way possible for all of our customers. We are confident our plans continue to offer the best possible value for money.’

Well, just like you, we’re not happy. Right now we’re exploring all the possible options to see what we can do. Not only do we want contracts to be clearer, we want the practice of companies putting prices up during fixed contracts to be stopped. But, as you can imagine, that’s going to take some time. Whatever the outcome, we want to make sure you’re the guys who win.

Comments
Sunjay Bhogal says:
22 June 2012

Three are blocking tweets about RPI increase which are marked for @threeuk @threeuksupport and #threeuk

I sent so many of them and they are being blocked or deleted so the public cannot see them.

Hi Sunjay,

Yes I have been posting today also, and although my own tweets seem to be getting through ok onto the timeline of @threeuk @threeuksupport and #threeuk, a lot of some friends of mine are not.

I think you are definitely right, somehow they are trying to stop a number of our tweets getting through using some kind of inhibiting protocol on Twitter.

So ridiculous, simply slamming the brakes on people’s right of protest and expression on Twitter will only serve to make people more and more angry about things.

They simply will NOT tolerate any opposition to their stance on the RPI issue, and their tactics in my eyes are beginning to approach the fascistic in nature.

For a “communications” company, clearly they only believe in communication on their own terms and to their own profit and benefit.

I cannot wait to leave their business far, far behind me.

Sunjay Bhogal says:
22 June 2012

Hello everybody, please use the following blog to air your views and ask questions to the three moderators:

Also carry on tweeting to @threeuksupport @threeuk and add hashtag #threeuk

Please don’t give up, keep asking about the RPI increase and why we cannot cancel our contract.

Over on the sister thread to this one:

Sam B noted:

“There now seems to be an awful lot of retweets for a competition Three seem to be running on Twitter. I wonder if this is to drown out our voices. Any thoughts?”

My response I will duplicate here, although personally I am not sure, Which?, that having two active threads on this issue is not merely creating more than a degree of confusion, and hence more harm than good to our collective cause.

“@Sam B

I confirm your observation about the #ThreeUK stream on Twitter, Sam, and unfortunately I can’t say that what you suggest hasn’t crossed my mind already.

It seems perhaps if they don’t block a twitter user’s account from their personal streams (as they have already done to mine and others), they attempt to suspend… and if they don’t suspend, then they…?

I will continue posting politely and frequently enough (every few hours) in the same manner as I have always done, a manner that I decided from the start could not in any way be considered by them “a nuisance who is preventing them from seeing and responding to their service tweets”, which is how protesters posting over there are being described as justification for their removal from their streams or being blocked from their online support.

And this, despite the fact as protesters who are seeking a public voice, we also sadly, still happen to be paying contract customers of Three, customers who through force on their part, cannot leave their service without penalty!

I know that today Nikki from Which? has been having strong discussions with them via twitter and email, in order to get them to realise that we should not in fact be considered as a threat, but instead be seen as very unhappy customers who are attempting to give real feedback, and should be listened to, and certainly NOT be ignored or considered as “spammers” for suspension by Twitter as a result of trying to be heard.

But it seems, just as when we have individually been on the phones to Three customer services (or equally to their Executive Offices) when attempting to deal with this price increase issue ourselves, they may be determined to simply stall and stonewall any voice of perceived opposition, using any methods that they can?

Do they want to listen? I think we sadly already know the answer to that, and they are showing no willingness to change their minds on the matter.

All I can ask is that as many of us as possible keep up the posting of infrequent but politely clear tweets to @ThreeUk @ThreeUKSupport and #ThreeUK , referring as many people as possible back to this and the other threads, so that they can read for themselves the perceived legalities and morality of the issue at hand, and perhaps seek much needed advice as to how to approach the matter through the courts for themselves if necessary, especially should they find that Three are not listening to them through the normal channels, in the same way that they are sadly not listening to us.

Thank you for your help, as ever.”

Joe Sene says:
25 June 2012

I have really regretted switching to Three in October last year. I live in central London and the service in my house is terrible. To then receive a notification that my monthly bill is increasing has prompted me to get in touch with Three to complain. I started calling them a month ago now and wish I hadn’t bothered. Each phone call lasts an average 45 minutes and usually involves speaking to at least three different people per call. Not one of them can give me a straight answer about their terrible service or how they can justify a price increase for customers who are on contract.
I have been assured numerous times that such and such manager will call me back on a given date. When the day comes round (there’s usually a five day lead time), I receive a call from yet another Indian telephonist to inform me their manager will call, in another five days. I’ve now given up calling to complain as it’s just so depressing to spend so long on hold and never be given a straight answer.
I have taken up the only course of action I feel is left to me. I continually post online messages to friends via sites such as Facebook to never buy a phone on the Three network.
I am sadly under contract until next October. In the meantime, I’m doing all I can to dissuade people from suffering a similar fate.
Joe

Gary says:
26 June 2012

My wife has had the same problem. In my opinion, they do not have clear advertising. Next to the contract price they should put one of those little stars and then below put – subject to RPI increase. At least that way you know. Three say it is in the T+C’s, but did they expect us to sit in a corner in their store and read them before signing???? Three argued to us that their staff cannot quote all of the terms and conditions when signing you up, but I do not want all of the T+C’s, only the ones relevant to the question. We clearly asked is that the price for 2 years and the answer was a clear YES!!!
We purchased the phone in store and all the of signs and advertising stated £25 per month. None of the staff in store pointed out that this could go up during our two year contract (misleading selling tactic). Furthermore, if three cannot stick to a 2 year price – they simply should not offer a two year contract. Most customers understand that prices do go up, but this should be for new customers signing new contracts. In other words the contract we signed at £25 last year should be £25.90 for new customers. Like many of the other customers my wife will be leaving three when her contract is up. Three have lost a long standing customer for £0.90 per month, what a great business strategy!!

“Three argued to us that their staff cannot quote all of the terms and conditions when signing you up, but I do not want all of the T+C’s, only the ones relevant to the question. We clearly asked is that the price for 2 years and the answer was a clear YES!!!”

This is the key point of the whole dispute.

Three are correct, they do not have to go through every term and condition, but they DO have to inform the customer of any information/term/condition that may affect their buying decision, BEFORE the sale is made, to allow the customer to make “an informed buying decision”
Three (and their affiliates) are advertising contracts today, showing a fixed price.

There is no reference whatsoever, to the possible RPI increases. This is misrepresentation at the point of sale.
They are deliberately misleading customers and refusing them information, which means that every customer cannot make an informed buying decision.

Trading standards are doing nothing, Ofcom are doing nothing, Ombudsmen are doing nothing.
If the customer defaults, a penalty charge becomes payable – as this does not reflect actual loss it is unenforceable – the customer will then have their credit rating marked down, effecting other loans in price and higher interest rates.
This punishes the individual, which is also against the law/regulations.

I’d change your solicitors Which? as for some reason they appear to be struggling making a basic case against Three and prefer instead to work with a regulator, Ofcom, that will do nothing, tying the hands of which?
I was given the impression that which? are supposed to represent customers, given that which? can issue “super complaints” – from this issue with Three and previously Orange, it appears that which? is neither willing nor able to ACT?

Gary says:
26 June 2012

The simple solution is for people to leave three because of this increase. They will then perhaps realise that their arrogant attitude towards their long standing customers will not wash. If three are happy to lose customers for £0.90 extra per month then they must be doing well in these times of Austerity!!!

Frank says:
29 June 2012

A while back, I had an agreement with O2 for (inter alia) “unlimited internet”. They reneged by putting a limit on the i/’net, so I told them to void the contract. After much correspondence with their useless UK office (intransigent or so they thought!) and later with their Spanish HQ, they finally agreed. It helps to hold shares in their parent and table an awkward question at their AGM! O2 Slough actually said, “You cannot contact Madrid!” The hell I couldn’t. I will not use any supplier which reneges on a reasonable short-term contract (18m). Now Three have tried to increase the rental. I have told them I will if necessary sue for anticipatory breach of contract. I have three accounts; two are out-of-contract and were cancelled forthwith and I told ’em why. My remaining a/c is now £8 pcm SIM only. When I asked to upgrade to £36 pcm (and a new handset), surprisingly they refused unless I paid a £96 cancellation fee (for the remaining 12m of the contract). Surely, a daft commercial decision! £864 or revenue plays £96! They are intransigent. So I will purchase the right number of shares and table the same awkward question . . .

And in a year I’ll be free to do as I wish. Forget Three. Coverage had proved poor and so many manufacturers say: “Any network but not Three”.

Frank says:
29 June 2012

Never phone Three. It is much quicker to write!

Hutchison 3G UK Ltd
FREEPOST
PO Box 333
Glasgow G2 9AG

Hmm, I’ve now sent them four letters without response.

Is that a genuine FREEPOST address? I’ve sent my letters under postage stamps.

Sunjay Bhogal says:
3 July 2012

Just received this email from Three after so many weeks in asking to explain the situation but please don’t get excited. Another words they are say TOUGH !!

Here is the letter.

Hello Sunjay

You emailed us about the RPI price increase we’re introducing and I’m very sorry for the frustration this has caused you

It’s your belief that the increase to your line rental, in line with Retail Price Index, is a breach of your contract and entitles you to cancellation without penalty. However, having reviewed your emails, setting out why you think this, I’m afraid we don’t agree and I’ve set out our reasons below.

The price increase affects all pay monthly phone and mobile broadband contract customers who joined Three or renewed their contract before 8th March 2012. This was when we introduced a new range of price plans. The increase is inline with the Retail Prices Index figure published on 17th April 2012, this being 3.6%.

When Pay Monthly customers join us, they agree to be bound by the Terms for Three Services (“Terms”). Clause 4.1 of our Terms provides:

“Variations to your agreement or prices
4.1 We may vary any of the terms of your agreement, including our Packages, on the following basis:

a) Any updated Packages and new terms will be available on our website and on request to Three Customer Services;
b) We will let you know at least one month in advance if we decide to:
i) Discontinue your Package; or
ii) Make any variations to your agreement which are likely to be of material detriment to you; or
iii) Increase the fixed periodic charges for your Package (if applicable) by an amount which is more than the percentage increase in the Retail Prices Index Figure (and any future equivalent) in any twelve month period.
You can end the agreement for such variations as explained in Section 10”.

The clause clearly allows us to vary the Terms in certain circumstances (a power which is common for most service providers who enter into open ended contracts). Consequently, we are permitted, in accordance with the Terms, to introduce a price variation. As long as that price variation is not of an amount that is more than the percentage increase in the Retail Prices Index figure we are not required to give notice of that variation to our customers, although as a matter of good practice we have chosen to do so.

To conclude, we stand by our belief that this price increase in line with Retail Prices Index is a permitted variation under our Terms, and will be applied to you account from July 2012. We would note that prior to notifying our customers of this variation, we notified Ofcom, the Ombudsman and Trading Standards of this price increase, and that the Ombudsman’s view is that it will not accept complaints regarding this price increase from customers, because we are permitted to introduce this increase under our Terms.

I hope this explains our reasons for the increase.

Christopher Markowski
Three Executive Office

Bib says:
3 July 2012

Interested in the part “The clause clearly allows us to vary the Terms in certain circumstances (a power which is common for most service providers who enter into open ended contracts).”

Now you can view this one of two ways – either it wasnt a fixed term contract or an ‘open ended’ one.

According to my understanding (and Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-ended) an open ended contract has no definite time limit, so you would be free to cancel at any time.

It would make sense for an open ended contract to allow both parties to request a variation but then the other party would have the right to say ‘no’ and either find a compromise or cancel the contract.

It does not make sense for a fixed term contract to be anything other than fixing all of the conditions of that contract, with clarity, when it commences – unless variation also allowed the other party to cancel.

I would choose to read this as them agreeing the contract is open ended and therefore you have the right to cancel…

Kieran Jones says:
3 July 2012

@ Sunjay:

It is very clear in their terms that they are allowed to alter the price of the packages in any way they see fit. However it is also very clear in their terms – and specifically the terms they keep ignoring – that you may cancel without penalty if they alter the price in any way which is likely to be of detriment to you. It doesn’t even have to be a defined detrimental variation just one that is ‘likely’ to be of detriment to you. I would suggest paying any amount more for the same service is of detriment. Ofcom / Ombudsman scheme etc are all useless to be honest. I’ve tried them all. They wouldn’t accept complaints about the prices being altered because Three are allowed to. However by not letting you cancel Three are in breach of contract and this should be listened to by the Ombudsman.

I got fed up with trying to use these bodies that are in place to help consumers as they only wanted to pass the complaints on to another body – ofcom, otello etc. So i paid the cancellation fee under protest and have filed a claim in the small claims court. It will be interesting to see if Three try their viewpoint in Court or if they just pay me back the money before going to court. I’ll keep posting on here to let you know how it turns out! Even if i take them to court and lose it would give me some satisfaction that it will cost them more to go to court to defend their position than the cancellation fee i have paid them.

Because I am so angry regarding these issues, and equally because they have only served to make me feel more powerless and marginalised than I did before, I have been trying, together with with a very few friends, to make some kind of impact on Three’s public timelines over on Twitter, to inform as many of their customers as I/we can of the existence without notification of the TRAFFICSENSE trials, and the questionable legalities surrounding the RPI price increase issue and their behaviour in attempting to enforce it.

However, even there I/we are having little success as the situation appears weirdly biased beyond any kind of logic I can determine in favour of Three and their sycophants.

I have posted details of our progress, or lack of it, and my reflections upon our findings, in several postings over on this thread:

If you have a Twitter account, feel free to join those of us who are active in the @ThreeUK @ThreeUKSupport #ThreeUK Twitter streams/timelines, to add your objections about their business practices, so that as many existing Three customers can share your story and understand that not everybody is happy about the methods that they adopt to sell “fixed contracts” and force people to pay inflated prices by:

1. FAILING to point out clearly their true VARIABLE nature but attempting to hide it within the T&Cs, and even when asked repeatedly by new customers if the price is indeed fixed for the duration of the contract, still insisting that YES it is… in contravention of those same T&Cs and the law!

2. FAILING to provide an actual COPY of the T&Cs at point of sale anyway, but instead slyly referring people to their web site, where THREE can then apparently switch and change the details and dates of those same T&Cs as many times as they wish to their hearts content with impunity, whilst all the time alleging that no matter the date that you took out your contract, these same T&Cs still apply!

3. FAILING to word those T&Cs properly and then failing to admit that they had done so!

4. FORCING only individual/personal customers who they feel are already “trapped” in extended “fixed” contracts, to bear the burden of the price increase (completely in defeat of their own arguments as to why they are actually requiring the extra finance), whilst at the same time not applying said “much needed” increase to their BUSINESS CUSTOMERS, PAYG CUSTOMERS, ROLLING CONTRACT CUSTOMERS, or most importantly their NEW CUSTOMERS!

5. INSULTING or hanging up on customers who phone their Customer Services or Executive Offices to complain and assert their legal rights!

6. STONEWALLING or simply not replying to customers (by whatever means they can) who are pursuing any avenues of complaint, until the legal 30 days notice period has expired, and then insisting that they have no further right to pursue the matter any further!

7. REFUSING to accept that hidden within those same T&Cs, according to Section 10.1(d), any customer who wishes to leave their contract without penalty has every right to do so under law!

8. FORCING customers as a result to pursue the financially, emotionally and psychologically burdensome avenue of pursuing their case through court procedure, not only in order to be heard, but to gain the justice that they so richly deserve!

And all of this while STILL escaping ANY real scrutiny or punitive action by the official bodies that are supposed to police their industry such as the ASA, OFCOM, Consumer Ombudsman, etc.

And equally all of this WITHOUT even mentioning their secret trialling of their data management product called TRAFFICSENSE on their allegedly unlimited AYCE plans, without ONCE informing any customer that they were doing so, in contravention of their contracts, the law AND even their OWN ADVERTISING of said AYCE plan products!

As such, this too forms the basis of yet another “breach of contract” dispute in its own right!

I have even discovered a further issue whilst monitoring the Three timelines on Twitter, relating to Three’s sneaky ways of operating their business.

It seems that in order to delay the legitimate cancellation of ANY contracts, and here I am referring even to those of customers whose contracts have naturally reached the end of their legal term, those same customers are being FORCED to hold on the phone for prolonged periods of time, and then often experiencing the dropping of their call by Three Customer Service personnel, consequently forcing the customer to ring back repeatedly and continually in order to attempt to cancel until frequently they simply give up!

Given all of the evidence above, Three clearly do NOT merit ANY further business whatsoever until they admit their many shortcomings and duplicitous business practices, and clean up their act!

We were informed by @ThreeUK on Twitter yesterday that “Just to clarify tethering and file sharing policies are live, HUP isn’t…”

“HUP” apparently is the “Heavy User” policy.

The “File Sharing” policy states this on the Trafficsense section of the Three website:

“File sharing at peak hours can take up more than its fair allocation of the network, to the point where it affects others. To prevent this, between 3pm and 12am, TrafficSense™ manages:

peer-to-peer download services like BitTorrent or Napster.
downloading and sharing files using certain sites specifically set up to share files.
File sharing speeds are only slower between 3pm and 12am, so any file sharing outside of these peak hours will be a better experience.”

SO… you have payed for AYCE, even as part of The One Plan, and yet this policy WILL ACTIVELY affect your usage ability of the service by “rationing” your bandwidth.

Then we go over to another section of the Three web site where it says this in promotion of all of their price plans:

“Goodbye data limits. Hello Three.
Forget rationing your megathingys. Forget the stress of data limits. Our plans with all-you-can-eat data simply don’t have them. Which means you can enjoy all the internet you need on your smartphone, without worrying about out-of-bundle charges or unexpected bills…”

Now forgive me, but what was that again?

“Forget rationing your megathingys… Our plans with all-you-can-eat data simply don’t have them.”

Given the details of the “file sharing” policy, I think in most peoples understanding when they read this, Three most certainly DO ration their “megathingys”.

Another example of false advertising? Would Which? like to comment?

Or maybe the Advertising Standards Authority perhaps would like to comment?

I would tweet the ASA’s web site address link into the Three Twitter timelines so that anyone who might think this could contact them directly…

But alas, for some strange reason my friends and I don’t seem to be able to… hmmm?

And yet those same repeated competition tweets just keep on a coming…

Odd really that isn’t it… as the competition ended over 24 hours ago.

But hey, it’s all probably just my imagination…

Mere protest is never enough, sadly, to successfully defeat this kind of behaviour on the part of money hungry businesses and large corporations, UNLESS it attracts sufficient negative media attention to threaten a significant loss of business as a result.

“Significant negative media attention is a Public Relations Team’s worst nightmare.”

So, while all other “appointed bodies” stand silent and inactive, either through choice or the burden of legislation or bureaucracy, there is absolutely no reason for all of those affected members of the public to be reduced to the same stance.

We all have a voice here, do what you can to find as effective an avenue of approach as possible to tackle this matter in as public a manner as you possibly can, and use that voice.

We are not all powerless… not just yet anyway… unless we allow ourselves to be conditioned into thinking so.

And I certainly, despite my condition, refuse that mandate.

So… I would ask of everyone here… just ask yourself… what is within your power.. what can you actively DO!?

Those considering potential further public action against Three in order to highlight even further the many recent revelations of their business practices, including those demonstrated by their methodologies surrounding the RPI price increase debacle and the unannounced Trafficsense implementation, might be interested in the links to these protest organisations, for further consultation and advice:

Sue T says:
18 July 2012

I have been a ‘loyal’ customer having taken out an 18 month contract with three around 17 months ago. Six months in to the contract my phone started to ‘freeze’ for no apparent reason. I took it in to a three shop and was told I would have to pay a minimum of £60 for repair, they don’t tell you this when you start the contract with them. I then tried to cancel my contract but of course could’nt, if I wanted an upgrade to a more reliable device then I would have to take another contract out to run at the same time as my current contract….needless to say I declined the offer! I am now trying to cancel my contract as it ends in July….guess what? Can’t get through on the phone…pls don’t tell me I have to apply in writing etc…would be grateful for any advice. Cheers, Sue

Hi Sue,

Unfortunately, Three Customer Services have a habit of being deliberately obstructive when it comes to allowing people to cancel/end their contract via phone (see @ThreeUK timeline on Twitter for the sheer number of people who complain about this practice), even though it is their “recommended” option via the instructions on their web site.

If you are not left holding for literally hours in some cases, and then forced to redial over and over again as they repeatedly cut off the call, then you will have difficulty getting through at all, or be met with an insistent and endless barrage of “tasty deals” in an attempt to retain you as a customer despite your desperately repeated refusals and the fact that nothing could be further from your mind no matter what the incentive!

So I would suggest by-passing the phone approach altogether, and yes instead write to them, giving the obligatory (sadly) 30-day notice of termination of contract, and send it to them via registered post so that you have proof of posting to support your claim of cancellation should they then attempt to deny it, which can also happen!

I would equally ask them to invoice you for your final payment and immediately cancel your direct debit for payments to them by notifying your bank using an accepted and reputable method. This usually would be in writing also, but some banks allow this to be done now via online banking if you have that facility available to you with your own bank. I suggest this to ensure that no further monies are taken from your account by Three than should be expected to cover normal payment for your service up to the end of the already nominated 30-day period of notice of termination that you have outlined in your letter to Three.

This should cover both you, your bank account and Three’s legal T&C requirements for effectively ending your contract, now that it is approaching the end of its natural 18 month term and you are within your last month of contract.

I hope this helps you.

Sue says:
19 July 2012

Many thanks Sean for no doubt saving me a lot of time and hassle, I for one (and looking at the emails probably many more) will be ending my relationship with these people for good in the manner that you have directed……cheers and good luck with your mission….next stop, 38degrees!

derek c says:
23 July 2012

i have a fixed contract with three but plan to switch due to increases but i have to wait till october then its o2 for me. i tried to informed them i was changing and my contract end date was final i was told they could not except my instruction i have to inform them 1 month before my contract ends. dispite wanting to verify this no manager would speak to me, or verify which country their call centre was in.

Read your T&Cs, Derek. They say you have to give them at least 30 days’ notice. That means you can do it the day you sign up and the contract ends at the term end. If you listen to Three and cancel in the last month I bet they will try to screw you out of a bit more money (unless you are dead on the 30 day mark, but even then they may use the billing cycle trick to get some more.)

It’s yet another example of Three trying to interpret words how it suits them, not how they clearly read.

Pete says:
1 August 2012

To add salt to the wound any existing Three mobile customer that upgrades is charged more than a new customer.
Three mobile has no respect for loyal and existing customers.
Find another mobile provider but don’t use Three

derek c says:
11 September 2012

2 weeks ago before i left for my holiday i gave notice to three that my 2years were up and i wish to give them notice i was leaving. within 12 hours i received 5 calls from them with deals all of which i terminated as i just want away from them. when i came back from my holiday i noticed my phone had stopped working it said “sim card registration failed” i have concluded three have terminated my contract early. is this exceptable