/ Home & Energy

Your cooker complaints – give your oven a scolding

Pie in oven

Which cooker niggles get you all hot and bothered? Here’s your chance to take the oven gloves off and share your cooker complaints with the Which? Convo community.

If you’re like me, you’ll use your cooker or oven everyday. Because of this, if there’s something annoying about the cooker you cook on, it’s going to get you boiling over with rage pretty quickly.

I love my oven even if it is a bit temperamental, and I’m loathe to spend money on a new one if I don’t have to. It’s about ten years old but it heats up quickly, it’s easy to use and I love the fact that it’s multi-function. In fact, I’ve got more cooking options available than I know what to do with.

But the grill isn’t great. It doesn’t seem powerful enough for the heat to spread all the way across the grill pan. I’ve learned to live with this by moving my food around to make sure it’s all cooked, making sure that the full-grill option is selected and, if necessary, using a higher shelf in the grill. I really don’t want to shell out £500 for a new oven until I absolutely have to.

Boiling over with cooker and oven problems

But some niggles might be a bit harder to live with than my iffy grill. If the markings around the temperature dials have worn off, you’ll be setting the oven from memory, and this is going to be hit and miss at best.

If it’s hard to slide the oven shelves in due to the way the door is designed, this is going to be a pain every time you cook. And if your oven doesn’t heat-up properly or overheats, cooking instructions and recipes won’t be worth the paper they’re written on.

If you have a problem with getting an accurate temperature, oven thermometers are available for about a fiver online and will help you live with temperature problems. They stand, or hang, inside the oven and will tell you how hot your oven is. You’ll never know exactly how accurate the thermometers are, but they will give you an indication about how hot or cold your oven is and you’ll be able to adjust your settings.

What’s less than perfect on your cooker and how have you learned to live with it? And tell us about the practical steps you’ve taken to keep your cooker cooking for longer.

Comments
brian hall says:
28 March 2017

Baumatic cooker very good but the vertical door is useless-poor design-hard to remove [for cleaning ].
hinges dodgy and dangerous. BCH

I have a belling range cooker and the knobs keep melting on the inside so i cant turn oven, or gas hob on and off. In two years we have changed the knobs at least 7 times.
, through our insurance company, who are now saying its a fault with the cooker. Belling say that it is out of Guarantee there’s nothing they can do. But it is obviously a fault with the cooker. What can i do ?

jaycee says:
1 May 2017

HI I have a 2 week old belling classic 60cm,,top works fine .small oven and grill work fine. But large oven keeps cutting out, I put a joint of pork in the oven which was on ,but when I checked a hour later oven was cold and pork not cooked, this has now happened every time I try to use big oven, I know they will repair it ,But what if it keeps happening as I have read other reviews where people have said it keeps happening and they have countless repairs done, My dilemma now is 1..Am I entitled to my money back. 2.Am I entitled to a swap, 3 If I have a repair and it continues to play up would I still be entitled to my money back. I really don’t know what to do for the best, I bought it from co-op online, I am so worried I have got the lemon.. Has anyone else had this issue with the belling classic and did a one of repair put it right, I must also add when we got the gas man to fit the cooker he said our gas pressure was high and he got the grid out to put a new governor on the gas meter ,would this make a difference ,We never noticed high gas pressure and our old oven which worked fine, I would be grateful for any help as this problem needs sorting asap.as I will need to phone the co-op but don’t know what to ask for.

I have a Leisure Cuisinemaster 90cm cooker bought in November 2015 we recently noticed that one of the knobs is coated in plastic chrome effect which is now coming off but more importantly the main fan oven is no longer working. The light and fan comes on but it doesn’t heat up. I have my suspicions about the second oven too as it seemed to take a long time to cook a few small pieces of chicken last night. I need to get an oven thermometer to check it. Can anyone advise what I should do as it is no longer under warranty.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

why is rust appearing all over the doors of my Belling dual oven cooker – I do not use abrasive cleaner on the outside of the cooker

We have been given a Belling Classic cooker. Unfortunately there seems to be little control over all the elements – rings, top oven and fan oven. Even with the ring controls turned on to only setting 1 or 2, the elements are red hot. We have had so much ruined food lately! I can understand if one thermostat was faulty, but surely the thermostats can’t be faulty for all the elements? Could there be a common fault that affects all the functions of the cooker? Any help greatly appreciated!

we purchased a new oven about 4 years ago and cannot get any one to take notice of the problem that we have ,the oven blows out hot air like a paint stripper it warped 2 of our kitchen drawers
the oven is a new world new home gas oven we purchased from currys at copdock interchange Ipswich they tested it and said it is quite alright new world also said that if we pay £143 for insurance they would look after it from then on the oven is very nice looking they said do not use the oven with the top oven closed a while ago they had to fit fans to stop the knobs from melting( on other models)

john davies says:
29 August 2017

we have the same problem with our belling cooker I think that even it it complies with the relevant standard this temperature is to hot

Steve Dawson says:
4 November 2017

Hi,I have an AEG double oven model no D31016, just lately the grill element in top oven seems to have developed a fault in that it starts to glow red for a little while and then stops, it will then glow red again and not stay on permanently, so not grilling food properly. Can anyone advise as to the possible cause of this fault please ?

Adrian says:
15 November 2017

Hi all, i have a belling countryrange 100Gt. The top oven door has been replaced once when the paint started to melt. two years later the paint is melting again. Belling state there is nothing wrong and to have a look want to charge me a reduced fee of £75! This is from head office who will not budge.

is there a way/someone that can investigate it to find out the issue?

As for previous comment about heat of dials – mine have started to shed paint and my son is not allowed anywhere near it!

Any advice would be appreciated as im at a loss of what to do / who to talk to next?

regards

ade

Under the Consumer Rights Act or earlier Sale of Goods Act, it is the retailer rather than the manufacturer who is responsible for dealing with faults. Manufacturers are often helpful but don’t have any legal responsibility unless there is a recall.

Here is a document intended for business rather than consumers: https://www.businesscompanion.info/sites/default/files/The%20sale%20and%20supply%20of%20goods_ALL_BIS_GOODS_GUIDANCE_SEP15.pdf This explains that the customer does not have to accept a second repair. The relevant information starts on page 45.

Ovens and cookers must comply with standards regarding how hot exposed parts can become if the appliance is used correctly. I suspect that your problem could be due to a faulty door seal and the escaping heat is damaging the knobs. It’s worth checking to see if this is the problem.

I see that there is a Safety Notice for your cooker, Adrian: http://www.belling.co.uk/safety-notice/

This comment was removed at the request of the user

As wavechange says, there are temperature limits on the parts that could normally be accessed (clearly not hotplates though!). From memory, for metal parts this is around 65⁰C, but I can’t check the standard at the moment as the site is under maintenance. So if the surface temperature exceeds that it probably indicates a fault as wavechange suggests; it might be a general design issue, but I’d hope that was unlikely.

With regard to paint, most finishes these days are not the true “stove enamel” which I remember as effectively a fused glass-like material. They will be polymer paints that are formulated in different ways to deal with a range of temperatures and heat-cured, so should not deteriorate functionally, although they might locally discolour. The certainly should not melt.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

I had a Belling cooker for 34 years and the enamel surface remained perfect and white. There was one very small chip mark, a weakness of enamelled surfaces. When I moved home I inherited a Bosch hob and ovens. The hob is enamelled and has remained white, but the ovens are painted and have yellowed, particularly the handles. Sometimes I could live without innovation.

duncan, I am simply speaking from my experience in manufacturing, where we used a range of heat-cured wet and powder paints to withstand different temperatures.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

all things that are made today are made so that they will have to be replaced in certain time Older products were made too last not to be changed when fashion changes or a new product is introduced by the maker Why do we get “improved” mobile phones every few months It always seems a few months since the ” now outdated” version came out They just want your money nothing more

This comment was removed at the request of the user

As Bob Monkhouse used to say “People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian……..they aren’t laughing now..” I’ve a 24 year old car and no one laughs at it. It is true that some – perhaps many- people feel the need to keep up with their peers; perhaps the best example is fashion in clothing where we have far more clothes than we ever need to wear; most are for decoration not protection. However, I also believe many do not follow this philosophy excessively. Our cooker, as with most products (including a car!) was a jointly-agreed purchase, made many years ago; its surfaces are in excellent condition, with a painted coating.

As for Adrian’s comment on paint “melting” I am intrigued. It needs a high temperature as most such paints “cure” with heat and, unlike thermoplastic, do not just soften when reheated. As for dials (controls?) shedding paint, this can also be down to poor surface preparation before painting, giving lack of adhesion.

I have now looked at the standards for allowable temperature rises of touchable surfaces – BS EN 60335-2-6. Depending on the material and function, these are generally within the range 40-65⁰C. If such surfaces on Adrian’s cooker melt paint, there is a fault.

Adrian says:
18 November 2017

Hi all and thanks for your replies – while trying to work out how much heat is geating out the front, while the oven is on i opened the door and noticed the metal panel above the glass bows in towards the oven thus making a huge gap for all that heat to escape. I have video’d it and sent it to head office to see if that is acceptable as a design / replacment issue so it can be resolved free of charge. If however they wont repair it then a little chat to x-ray etc about my problem should make them act upon it due to the saftey hazard of external parts becoming too hot!

This comment was removed at the request of the user

You would think that buying a Bosch oven from John Lewis would be a sound and safe investment. We did just this, but in the first weeks of owning the oven, we have discovered that the plastic which surrounds the oven door MELTS if you touch it with anything hot! It doesn’t matter what you touch it with, a small cake tin, a hot plate, the bottom of a passing casserole…in fact just adjusting your grip on a hot plate as you take it out of the oven will damage the surround. It’s a design fault, but neither John Lewis or Bosch are willing to accept this. A £700 oven and the door plastic MELTS! Be warned! Don’t buy the HBM43B150B built-in oven range!

It sounds like a design fault and should be covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2025 – Customers do have a legal right to a refund, repair or replacement if an item they purchased
• is not of satisfactory quality
• is not fit for purpose.
I’d suggest the not satisfactory quality should be pursued. You may be fobbed off with it being said to be “cosmetic” but I’d argue the inadequate design bit.

Although the quality of Bosch products seems to have declined recently, all products have to comply with the relevant standards. Possible faults include the failure of a cooling fan or damaged door seal. You are entitled to reject a product within 30 days of purchase, Patrick.

This may help people work out the complex relationship with brands and quality. I am darn sure the ovens are similar and I have Siemens ovens so will be looking into this problem. Search terms bring nothing up currently.

Bosch and Siemens are two different brands under the same flagship company BSH established in 1967 worldwide, 2015 Siemens has sold all its share in BSH to Bosch, making Bosch 100% owner of BSH.

Though in an interview to economic times on 10 Sep’14 (Bosch & Siemens aims to be in India’s home appliances top five league) the MD of BSH India says they want to position Siemens as a premium brand, in current product list I don’t find much difference. Both brands has almost similar specs (only technical name change) except a plus and minus here and there. So carefully study the differentiator function and choose which best fits your requirement before buying. Price wise, similar products are currently priced same.

For example, a comparison of Siemens WM12K268IN vs Bosch WAK24268IN. Water perfect of Siemens is same as water plus of Bosch. Similarly Mix function of Siemens is similar to Daily wash function of Bosch. Hygiene function of Siemens is same as Allergy plus function of Bosch. Not much difference you see.

In India Siemens and Bosch now comes with 10 years motor warranty and minimum spare parts availability guarantee.
Thanks to R Rathore for most of the information.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

BSH sell products under the Bosch, Siemens, Neff and Gaggenau brands, possibly others: http://www.bshcustomerservice.co.uk It’s hardly surprising that there are similarities or products are simply rebadged and sold at different prices according to brand.

Multi national companies depend on brand names. . Names which were known for quality when the product were made by the a small company .The multi nationals still use the names to suggest quality when the products are not made all over the world not where they were produced as quality product and got a good reputation BRANDS and NAMES SELL ( why do car names not change when the car is completely different to the previous model) many people buy because of the name not by how good or reliable it is

I have a beko bdc643w double electric oven. Rubbish, I have had this nearly 5 years now and already had to change the main oven element twice. It wasn’t until a year and a half after I bought it I realised that the top oven didn’t work, the grill in it does but when you shut the door for it to become a top oven, nothing and the instructions are appalling, rubbish and will never buy beko again!!

My parents bought a Belling Classic 60G on 25/4/2016. It’s a gas double oven with an electric grill. 18 months later the front burners began to refuse to light when the fan in the top oven was working. Sometimes they refused to work when the oven was hot. An engineer has attended twice and fixed wire which were touching the casing of the oven, and attached seals which were meant to cure the problem of the cooling fan blowing out the pilot lights. The problem persists. Could you please advise as to where they stand?

Hi Christine, I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having with your parent’s oven. We’ve got a handy guide on what you should do if you have a faulty product.

I hope this helps.

My new AEG built in oven leaks huge amounts of steam from the side of the casing into my kitchen cabinets. The amount of steam also caused an expensive malfunction to the induction hob (not AEG) fitted above the oven. The service technician was stumped, but AEG have informed me that I am creating too much steam and all high moisture content food must be covered. John Lewis say they must be guided by the advice from AEG. I think this makes my oven unfit for purpose and also steam is still escaping (even if less) which will damage my new kitchen chipboard cupboards. I feel I shouldn’t be using the oven in its current state and very aggrieved that I can’t bake or roast items without covering them.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

Which particular oven is it Lorraine? I have Siemens electric ovens and they are bad at drying tomatoes as they basically allowed little moisture to escape at all. In factb they have warnings regarding too much moisutre and drying out. The airflow out when in fan mode vents above the front door. It would be interesting to establish where it is for AEG.

The instructions for them is essentially do cover moisture producing foods. Gas ovens have always been “airy” as they need airflow to work but electric ovens I should imagine be slightly more “tight”.

As for John Lewis they are using C[r]apita rather than JL staff for call handling/complaints and from my wife’s experience they do not seem to understand the JL ethos – sorry – the old JL ethos. But before blaming JL perhaps we can investigate if anyone else has had similar problems .

Also the type of induction hob if you have the info available as it may be a useful piece of information to other users.

Hi, I have a NEFF B1322N1GB. The heating element went which I proudly changed myself with a new one from espares. It was working fine, for a couple of weeks, but now it’s a little temperamental, sometimes it heats up and sometimes it doesn’t. I was about to buy a multimeter to test the element but turned the oven for a final test this morning and it worked. Any ideas?

Nav – cannot give you a technical answer but DL might. I was curious how long the element had lasted. Whilst years is a guide the amount of usage makes a difference – I say this as I have a friend who for years only cooked on the hob before retiring and discovering his oven could be used for cooking!!

Hi Nav – Heating elements either work or they don’t, so it is very unlikely that the element itself is the cause of the problem, which is most likely to be caused a dodgy switch/thermostat or a poor connection. A multimeter is well worth having but a test lamp (small light bulb in a holder, attached to a pair of wires) or even a neon test screwdriver is enough to identify the problem. If you need a new part, the same supplier may be able to help or offer advice.

Obviously there is a risk of electric shock when working on an oven, so it’s worth wearing rubber or plastic gloves so that you are still here to enjoy having completed the repair. 🙂

It’s not a good idea to put up with the oven working sometimes because a poor connection or dodgy switch could cause overheating and damage.

Hi, thanks for both for your replies. The original element had for 10 years, this new one a month.
The connection seems OK, pretty sturdy. I don’t think it can be the thermostat as the element either works or doesn’t so switch seems likely. I had switched off the cooker but plastic gloves sounds like a good idea. Thanks again.

More woes. The oven has tripped the fuse and now makes an odd whirring noise , when switched on from the mains. Noise comes from near the clock display and stops when I press the buttons to cycle. Its 10 yrs old at least, I know have the debate of do I call someone out or given the age of the appliance go and get a new one. Any thoughts?

Without seeing the oven it’s difficult to offer advice, Nav. What seemed a straightforward problem is now complicated by the fact that it’s tripping a safety device. A lot depends on whether you know someone who can be trusted to do the job at a sensible price and how much you like the oven. The build quality of a newer oven might not be as good.

If you do go for a repair, it would be interesting to know what the problem was.

I have a New World built under double electric oven.
The worst oven I’ve ever had!
Loads of steam billows out when in use and goes up under the top oven door.
With this steam it means that grease is splattered all over the oven. Wire racks are filthy after a couple of uses.
Also when grilling after about twenty minutes the grill stops working. Not great when you are in the middle of cooking steaks. So frustrating .
Is my oven faulty or what.
I feel like throughing it out and getting a new one.
Could someone advise me please!

Which model New World double oven? And how old is it? And did you have it from new?

New World apparently make both gas or electric ovens an no doubt a range of quality.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

Sorry for the rather brief response but someone visited.

I am slightly curious as to what you are cooking. The reason being we spent many hours dehydrating and roasting tomatoes during the summer and they produce a great amount of moisture.

As to escaping into the oven above – that does not sound very clever. Going from Duncan’s comment perhaps there is an intake for that oven.

General comments:

It seems to me that modern ovens built-in have to vent from the front and with my Siemens there is quite a draught as it does so. Possibly the EU efficiency rules mean that ovens are more obviously blowing air rather than leaking it – I am guessing it must be true especially of fan ovens but not so much during convection only cooking.

If you were used to gas ovens they required airflow for the gas and therefore it was not an obvious problem.

ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forumsphpbb3/cooker-oven-forum.html
A good site I have known for I guess a decade. Perhaps a bit technical at times rather than opinions on and testing of ovens.

NW701DOP. BOUGHT NEW JUNE 1st 2017.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

A good start might be to ask the manufacturer:
GLEN DIMPLEX HOME APPLIANCES
Stoney Lane,
Prescot,
Merseyside,
L35 2XW.
United Kingdom

Contact Telephone: +44 (0) 844 248 4466
Email: info@gdha.com

I would go for the Customer Care phone number: 0344 815 3747 because calling an 084 number could be expensive.

I’d suggest an email – better to organise and explain your enquiry, maybe with a picture.

Adrian Hook says:
13 May 2018

I have an Indesit oven which i have had for less than 10 months,already i have had three of the knobs break off.To say i am unimpressed is an understatement considering the last oven i had which was a cheap generic branded one lasted almost 17 yrs without anything dropping off it.I am sick of being sold junk like its a normal thing and then being ushered to the parts department to buy replacement parts again like it is a normal thing.It is simply a case of companies cutting corners and selling what i think is a dangerous appliance.Unless you are good with a pair of long nose pliers you can’t turn the ring off.Imagine an elderly person with poor eyesight attempting this.If they used metal for the shafts like they should do instead of plastic there would be no problems.Plastic when warmed becomes brittle so placing a plastic shaft between an oven and two hot plates is just shear lunacy. Oh well suppose i will have to spend £45 for new switches.Cheers Indesit.

Adrian, I had a similar problem with a Belling cooker. The socket on the moulded knob fractured easlly on the metal control shaft. I pointed this out to Belling as a design fault (probably wrong plastic/blend used and they replaced the whole set – twice as it happens. The new ones have worked perfectly ever since – now many years.

Maybe if you point this out to Indesit and quote the Consumer Rights Act 2015 they will be more helpful. They will also be under guarantee. So you should certainly not have to pay for replacements.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

I wonder it Adrian was referring to the shaft socket moulded as part of the knob? That was the weakness on my cooker. There are plastics perfectly capable of acting as shafts though.

You might be in looking up some standards, Duncan: http://www.manchester.gov.uk/directory_record/162241/british_standards_online/category/1216/business_and_careers

Plastic shafts might have been chosen for reasons of electrical and heat insulation or because they are cheaper. Replacing the switches is not as simple as swapping knobs.

Malcolm – Adrian referred to the need to replace switches, so it’s not the knobs that are the problem.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

I assume that Adrian is using pliers to turn the stub of the broken shaft. As Malcolm says, the problem was probably the use of the wrong plastic, not an uncommon problem with consumer goods.

Maybe Adrian would clarify. Nonetheless it should still be a guarantee issue. They should, if they are indeed the switches, be replaced professionally presumably if the remainder of the guarantee is to be preserved.

duncan, your comment-1530976 “can you quote me the “standard ” on this ?“. This seems to be IEC 61058-1. A quick glance at BS EN 61058-1-1 gives tests under different conditions of use for mechanical switches for appliances and deals with functionality after endurance testing.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

It’s absurd that information relevant to domestic products used by citizens of this country is not freely available. If you have a look at the link I’ve provided you will find the relevant document, Duncan.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

It is more absurd that legal aid has been decimated.

Standards organisations are private companies that work in cooperation to develop, issue and update international standards for the benefit of us all – manufacturers, public organisations, charities, local authorities, healthcare……… That work costs money and has to be recouped somehow. Much of it will be from those organisations that use the standards by paying for them. The organisations that sit on the working parties and committees who do this work are normally unpaid, so is an additional cost to their employers. If you want free standards for all then, as we have discussed at length elsewhere, all countries will need to find ways of funding them presumably from taxation. Personally I would not want to see standards organisations finances dependent upon government support.

If you click the button ‘Go to British Standards Online’ and enter the BS number in the search box that will take you to the relevant document. Some features are disabled and the only way I know of saving documents is to make screen captures. You can search within documents.

Malcolm – I have suggested how a different funding model could be used to make BS Online available to everyone. One option would be to levy charges on those companies whose goods and services must comply with particular standards.

duncan, if you use the link http://www.manchester.gov.uk/directory_record/162241/british_standards_online/category/1216/business_and_careers quoted and click the British standards online button, that will take you to the home page. Put in the number of the standard you wish to look at in the search box at the top right.

I would much prefer that Which? offered a link to standards for those who wish to view them.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

You may need to enable cookies, Duncan. After each visit I start seeing marketing from BSI, which reminds me to clear my browsing history.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

I’ve got a cookie from bsigroup.com, or did have.

Malcolm suggested that Which? provided a link to British Standards, presumably so that users of Which? Convo could look up standards relating to cookers and ovens, and the other topics we discuss in the Conversations. What’s the difference between Which? providing a link and BSI doing this?

This comment was removed at the request of the user

Have a look at some standards and I expect you will pick up a cookie.

BSI is a private company, as I’ve explained before, that sells international standards which are subject to the international terms; not something, I presume, within BSI’s remit to vary. As I said above, the lost revenue would need to be made up from somewhere else. Perhaps they could offer a pay per view service?

My suggestion in the past was that Which? allow named people with an interest in standards access through their own online access – if they have one.

Alternatively BSI do offer a list of organisations that have online access available to the public – some libraries for instance. So anyone interested could ask them and see if they can register with an appropriate library.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

I believe in freedom of information Malcolm and so do many academics. That’s why an increasing number of journals are freely available worldwide.

Why should certain people have access because they are interested? Perhaps books should be hidden from the public unless they declare an interest. 🙁

Libraries that provide access are few and far between. I remember you telling me that you don’t live near one.

I open it on Google. What screen do you get when you click on the “go to British Standards online” button?

Books aren’t free either.

Tell me how you would like to see International Standards funded so everyone can see them for nothing.

We have had this conversation before and we simply differ. If you are so minded, I’d suggest you ask Which? (as I did, but no response) and ask BSI. I cannot help you except by pointing out that access is available. I have it and I don’t subscribe.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

I can’t help any further as I’m a PC dummy, duncan, sorry.

wavechange – thanks for the link – it worked for me 😀

This comment was removed at the request of the user

Gentlemen – shall we move this discussion about standards to The Lobby? I feel sorry for Adrian Hook, who asked an innocent question about his oven controls.

This comment was removed at the request of the user

No red face needed duncan. I hope you find access to standards interesting and useful. Many reference other standards so it can sometimes be quite a trail to find just what you want. The wording is done very carefully to ensure, as far as possible, that it can be properly understood and is not ambiguous.

I often find the best place to start for a standard on something I am not familiar with is to look on Google (or your browsers) for, say, “tumble dryer standard” and find the relevant number – an IEC#### or a BS EN ### for example. Then put this number in the search box on the BSOL page. Usually this will bring up a list of relevant standards; some will have been superceded (they are noted as such) so check you click on the up-to-date (current) one. In many product standards there is a generic standard (say BS EN 60335-1) that covers all (electrical domestic appliances) and then stemming from this, a standard specific to the class of product (e.g. BS EN 60335-2-##; 2-11 in the case of tumble dryers). Happy hunting. 🙂

This comment was removed at the request of the user

I have an AEG Cooker, the Elements sound, they are wired in series, but not heating up. The fan is working and the clock is working, is there a stat some where which may be open circuit?

This comment was removed at the request of the user

With a fan oven there might also be a thermal fuse that could be open circuit or an overheating cutout that has not reset. A circuit diagram would be useful.

Possibly best to ask AEG, giving them all the symptoms, or call in your local domestic appliance repairer (I’m assumong the cooker is well out of guarantee).