Which? Convo is a place for intelligent discussion and differing opinions. Heated debates are great, but we’ve got a few simple rules to keep things running smoothly:
- Please keep comments relevant to the topic at hand – veering off to add colour to your point is fine, but we like to keep conversations on course.
- You can’t agree with everyone all of the time, but when you do disagree please be polite and speak to them as you’d like to be spoken to.
- Try to stay away from ‘txt talk’ as it can be difficult to decipher. Also, avoid writing in capitals, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU’RE SHOUTING.
- Please don’t post personal contact details (email, phone number, address) whether they’re yours or someone else’s.
- Please don’t promote your own business, either in your comments or in your profile. We don’t allow promotional content on Which? Conversation and so we will remove it when we see it.
- Avoid ‘trolling’, or purposely provoking others into a desired emotional response. It’s just mean.
- We may remove comments that others might find offensive, threatening, abusive or we consider to be defamatory. Language that’s vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic or hateful isn’t welcome either.
- You can post text or links from an outside source if it doesn’t infringe the rights of any third party and credits the author. But please don’t link to anything that’s sexual, pornographic, hateful, defamatory or illegal.
- Oh and don’t forget that you agreed to our terms and conditions when you signed up. So please stick to them, too.
These guidelines are here to promote healthy debate, help new users fit in and will directly inform our approach to community moderation. So if you spot a comment that breaks these simple rules, please bring them to our attention by using the ‘Report’ button. Now, let’s get chatting 🙂